Saturday 4 December 2010

Jolie defends controversial film

Angelina Jolie has defended her controversial directorial debut.
The 'Tomb Raider' beauty is helming the as-yet-untitled Bosnian war drama. However, a reported scene where a Bosnian woman is raped by a Serbian soldier has outraged a group of wartime rape victims in the area.
Jolie, a UN goodwill ambassador, played down the controversy, saying, "There's one person who has a gripe. The absolute majority of the people, population, the cast, prime minister, president have been extremely supportive."
Jolie, who also wrote the screenplay, added, "It kept leaning toward Yugoslavia at the time, I wanted to learn more about it and the people, the more I read and learnt I was drawn to that part of the world.
"I met artists from that part of the world and found they were extraordinary for what they'd gone through, so I wanted to give them a platform."

No comments:

Post a Comment