Sunday 10 April 2011

Courteney Cox: 'Friends movie won't happen'



Courteney Cox has claimed that a Friends movie is unlikely to ever be made.

The Scream 4 actress, who played house-proud foodie Monica Gellar in the NBC sitcom, argued that reuniting the cast for a big-screen adventure would be a logistical nightmare.

When asked by The Mail On Sunday whether a Friends movie would ever hit cinema screens, Cox replied: "No. I just can't see that happening. I mean, I'm not in control of it and if I was, we'd have already done it.

"But it involves so many different people's lives and schedules that I just don't know how you'd get it all together. So no, I don't see it happening."

Despite admitting to losing contact somewhat with her Friends co-stars, Cox confirmed that she had been approached by former colleague Lisa Kudrow to appear on the US version of Who Do You Think You Are?, which the 47-year-old executive produces.

Cox teased: "Lisa's asked me to be on it; apparently they've found something in my family history which they won't tell me because they like to surprise the person. It's an amazing show and I'll probably do it - it's just trying to find the time."

Cox previously confessed that she has "daydreamed" about making a Friends movie.

Her co-stars Matt Le Blanc and David Schwimmer have both rejected suggestions that a Friends movie is close to being greenlit.

5 comments:

  1. DO A NEW FRIENDS !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it would do so weell if you did x

    ReplyDelete
  3. do a new friends and film also that is sutible for kids because you are a amazing show please do another

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah i really love friends! i want the movie to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ anounymous above me- I am not actually shure abowt dowing a new movie. it miyt be boring!

    ReplyDelete