Friday 3 June 2011

'Hangover II' Ken Jeong: "I'm not a joke machine"



The Hangover Part II actor Ken Jeong has insisted that he is nothing like the wild characters he often portrays.

The Michigan native, who practiced medicine before pursuing acting full-time, is best known for his roles as the gangster Mr Chow in the Hangover films and Community's bizarre Spanish teacher Ben Chang.

Jeong disclosed to Parade that his own personality is often quite subdued, noting: "When the cameras are off, I'm not a joke machine or in your face Chang-ing it up. People would be surprised at how sensitive I am to other people's feelings.

"I'm definitely a people pleaser. I like people to be happy around me and be comfortable. I go out of my way, sometimes to a fault, to make sure everyone is okay. That quality isn't really evident in my work."

Jeong also admitted that people often have trouble believing that he was a competent physician.

"My wife says all the time that people don't realise I left by my own choice. I was actually a good doctor," the star teased. "I wasn't sued out of medicine, I wasn't arbitrated out of the profession. I still keep email contact with patients to this day."

Fellow Hangover Part II star Zach Galifianakis revealed recently that he doesn't care for big summer blockbusters.

No comments:

Post a Comment