Saturday 11 December 2010

Bay admits 'Transformers' failure


Michael Bay has admitted he failed on 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen'.
Last year's sequel was blasted by critics for being too long and full of awkward comedy sequences, including two 'jive-talking' robots that were accused of being racial caricatures.
However, Bay has admitted that he "failed on certain aspects".
He said, "We tried to learn from the second movie. On the second movie we got burned. We had a writers strike, we had to agree on a story in three weeks, and then we knew they were going on strike.
"It was a bad scenario all around; it wasn't fair to the writer; it wasn't fair to me; it wasn't fair to anybody. It was still an entertaining movie, but I think we failed on certain aspects. What we did with this movie is I think we have a much better script, and we got back to basics. ... It's more serious. I got rid of the dorky comedy; I mean we've got two little characters, that's it, but the dorkiness is not there. Dork-free 'Transformers'. It's much more serious. It's still entertaining; it's big looking."
Bay has also confirmed that next summer's third entry, 'Dark of the Moon' will be his last 'Transformers' movie.
He said, "I think this has gotta be it. I think someone else will take the torch from here. It's just that I don't think you could do it again with Shia (LaBeouf) and everybody, I think it's time to move on."

No comments:

Post a Comment