Saturday 25 June 2011



Matthew Lewis has confessed that he is ready to move on from the Harry Potter franchise.

The actor, who played Neville Longbottom in the wizarding series, told Parade that while he will miss his fellow castmates and crew, he feels "privileged" to have been part of such a monumental project.

Lewis explained: "I've been so pleased to be a part of it for such a long time. I feel very privileged. Every year that I got to come back I felt like I was stealing a bit of time. I enjoyed it so much. When it came to an end, I wasn't really sad at all. I was just proud of everybody and really excited to see what we made.

"The friendships were one of the main things that kept me going. The chemistry was really clear in the film, and it kept everyone coming back each year... I'll miss all the guys, but we all still live in England, and England is not that big of [a] place, so we'll still see each other. I'll miss working with them. Hopefully one day I'll work with some of them again."

Lewis went on to say that while he accepts that the Harry Potter storyline has come to a close, he would not turn down the opportunity to appear in another film should author J.K. Rowling decide to pen another book.

"I'd definitely be excited about new books and I'd read them. As for the film, I've been doing this for 10, 11 years now. I'm ready to go and do something different. I'm ready to say goodbye to Neville and see what else I can do," Lewis revealed.

"But if it was a genuinely good story - which if JK Rowling wrote anything, it would be brilliant - and they asked me, then, yeah, I would be quite excited. But I think our story is finished. I was very happy with the way it ended."

The final instalment in the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2, opens in cinemas worldwide on July 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment