Tuesday 22 February 2011

Firth: 'Mamma Mia! is the best I've done'



Colin Firth has revealed that Mamma Mia! is one of the three movies he is most proud of starring in.

The Oscar-nominated King's Speech actor told CBS show 60 Minutes that he is not ashamed of appearing in the hit big screen version of Abba's musical.

"I think it is one of the best things I have ever done. People expect me to be apologetic about it but I'm not," he said of Mamma Mia!. "Right now I would say there's three things of which I am most proud, A Single Man, The King's Speech and Mamma Mia!."

The 50-year-old has scooped a Golden Globe, a BAFTA and has been tipped to pick up the 'Best Actor' accolade at this Sunday's Academy Awards for his portrayal of King George VI in The King's Speech.

Last year Firth received an acting nomination for A Single Man but was pipped to the award by Crazy Heart's Jeff Bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment