Tuesday 15 February 2011

Matt Damon: 'I turned down Avatar'



Matt Damon has revealed that he declined a role in Avatar due to scheduling conflicts.

According to WENN, Damon was in negotiations to play the lead role in Avatar before a scheduling conflict forced him to turn down the film.

"I talked to Cameron and I read the script and I knew the movie was gonna be a big hit. I really wanted to do Avatar and work with Jim Cameron and watch him direct and learn a lot," said Damon.

He continued: "But we were finishing The Bourne Ultimatum and I couldn't leave; it was a scheduling issue.”

The actor went on to say that he could not find the time to shoot Avatar in between The Bourne Ultimatum and his subsequent film The Green Zone.

In the end, actor Sam Worthington was offered Damon's role.

No comments:

Post a Comment