Thursday 17 February 2011

Parker: 'There's more Sex And The City'



Sarah Jessica Parker has insisted that a third Sex And The City film could find box office success.

In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, the actress said that she feels confident the franchise has "one more story to tell" and hopes to take part in such a project in the future.

"I would go back. I think there's one more story to tell. I know there is," she explained.

"I'd definitely tell that [third] story, and I know [series creator] Michael [Patrick King] would do it right. But maybe not now. Maybe in five years, you know?"

She also expressed her disapproval over rumours that the next Sex And The City film would be a prequel to the television series.

"There are a lot of important and interesting stories that 21-year-olds can tell. I don't begrudge any 21-year-old the opportunity to tell their stories," she said.

"But I don't think we can pretend to go back. It's creating two histories. It's like, 'Oh I didn't know that about Carrie Bradshaw'."

However, Parker was adamant that it is important for her to pursue other projects before heading back to such an iconic role, adding: "It's not that I want to get away from [SATC]. In a million years, who could get away from it?

"[But] if I'm not scared again that's not good for me. That's literally no good for me. If I'm not terrified and nauseous and worried [in] the first two weeks of production, then what's going to happen? You could wither on the vine. It's like if you can't use your leg. It just atrophies."

No comments:

Post a Comment