Monday 7 March 2011

Emma Roberts "honoured" by 'Scream' role



Emma Roberts has claimed that she spent the majority of the Scream 4 shoot "laughing her head off".

The Wild Child star is part of the "new blood"
joining
the forthcoming instalment of Wes Craven's horror franchise, alongside series regulars Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox and David Arquette.

Recalling the filming of the long-awaited slasher flick, Roberts gushed to Empire: "I was so honoured to work with veterans like Wes and Neve. And of course, the new generation - we called ourselves the 'new blood'.

"I basically spent two months screaming, covered in blood and laughing my head off in between each take - of course I'd do it again."

Despite greatly enjoying her time on set, Roberts confessed that the Scream movies used to provoke an altogether different reaction in her, back when she was a teenager.

She said: "I remember watching the films when I was 13 and thinking they were like nothing I'd ever seen. I'd be laughing one minute and then screaming in terror the next.

"I used to have to check every room in my parents' house before bed to make sure there wasn't a killer hiding in the closet."

Scream 4 is scheduled to hit cinemas in the UK and US on April 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment