Wednesday 9 March 2011

Rihanna rules out 'Bodyguard' role



Rihanna has said that she has no interest in starring in the planned remake of The Bodyguard.

The 'What's My Name?' singer told OK that she would "absolutely not" take on the role made famous by Whitney Houston because she wants to keep her singing and acting careers separate.

"I hate it when singers do singing movies all the time because you can never look at them as anybody else," she said.

"I want to play a character. My whole life is playing Rihanna, being a singer [in a film] won't be a stretch for me. I like challenges and being an actor is playing a role, being able to step into somebody else's shoes, that's the excitement."

Rihanna will make her movie debut playing naval officer Raikes in next summer's action movie Battleship, which is based on the popular Hasbro board game.

No comments:

Post a Comment