Tuesday 8 March 2011

Seyfried 'emulates Meryl Streep's humility'



Amanda Seyfriend has claimed that she tries to emulate her Mamma Mia co-star Meryl Streep's humility.

The Red Riding Hood actress told Elle magazine that Streep was always approachable on the set of their 2008 movie musical.

"Meryl, she makes herself very accessible right away, almost too accessible," she said. "That's what I do. And it totally works."

The star continued: "My thing about meeting people - men, women, people in general - is to desensitise them, kind of shock them a little bit, to make myself accessible."

Seyfried, who made her film debut in the 2004 comedy Mean Girls, further explained that she has developed an affinity for starring in romantic comedies like Mamma Mia.

"I don't think I'm being very 'artistic' when I do them, but I'm not doing it for that reason," the star remarked. "Romantic comedies make me happy. I watch Love Actually every Christmas."

Red Riding Hood is released on March 11 in the US and on April 15 in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment