Tuesday 29 March 2011

Matthew McConaughey: 'I'm misunderstood'

Matthew McConaughey has insisted that the general public don't truly understand the kind of person he is.

The Lincoln Lawyer star told Esquire that his fun-loving attitude is often misjudged by his fans and the media.

"Do I think the image of me is a true picture of who I am? No, it's incomplete," he remarked.

The star continued: "But things about me that are out there - I'm not going to say they're false. Am I a fun-loving guy, man? Who likes running around in the summer with his shirt off, man?

"Am I a guy who likes to hang out with his friends, and party and go to concerts and football games with his friends? Well, yeah! Yes, I am. Always have been. Always hopefully will be... But I didn't just fall off the apple cart. I worked for all of it."

McConaughey previously revealed that he was inspired to pursue acting after reading author Og Mandino's 1968 book The Greatest Salesman in the World.

He will next star with Emile Hirsch and Juno Temple in Killer Joe, which is expected to be released in US cinemas later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment