Thursday 31 March 2011

McFarlane: 'Spawn reboot is low-budget'



Todd McFarlane has revealed that his proposed Spawn reboot will be a low-budget "spook" film.

Speaking to My DVD Insider, the series creator said that he plans to write, direct and produce the project.

"There's only one way a studio is going to say yes, that's if it's a low-budget movie. To be honest, as a producer, even I wouldn't hire myself to direct a big-budget film," he explained.

"There are smarter people out there. But if you're making it for $10 million to $12 million, you're just going to go get some schmuck director so let me be the schmuck."

He added: "In this new version, there are no supervillains, archenemies or any of that. It's just a spook movie, something scary going bump in the night. I think I can shoot that for almost next to nothing."

McFarlane also confirmed that he is three quarters of the way into a screenplay for the film, having commenced work on it in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment