Friday 8 April 2011

Abbie Cornish "loved" making 'Sucker Punch'



Abbie Cornish has revealed that she "loved" making her latest movie.

Sucker Punch, which tells the story of a girl trying to get out of an asylum, stars the 28-year-old Australian actress, together with Pride and Prejudice star Jena Malone and High School Musical's Vanessa Hudgens.

Cornish told The Australian that she became like "sisters" with her co-stars during filming, saying: "I think as a female, female relationships are incredibly important. I loved the idea of exploring that within this film and even though the film called for it, our relationships developing took it to another level."

She revealed that despite the movie being "crazy", she had wanted to do an action or fantasy film for a while and it "ticked all those boxes".

"I would love to do more films where I could train and do my own stunts," Cornish said. "I got a kick out of it, I loved it. I'm very physical and love physical challenges."

She also said of the film's director Zack Snyder: "He's actually an actor's dream as a director. Not only is he a great filmmaker and incredibly technically inclined, he's also a filmmaking nerd in a way.

"He's very current, always up to date with what's going on in the world and technology, smart and enthusiastic with a child-like energy but very wise."

Cornish split from actor Ryan Phillippe in 2010 after about four years together.

No comments:

Post a Comment