Friday 8 April 2011

Uma Thurman: 'I like working with young men'

Uma Thurman has confessed that she loves being cast alongside younger male actors in films.

Talking to MTV News, the 40-year-old explained that she has learned a lot from her various roles as 'the older woman' and enjoys defying convention by exploring relationships between characters from different generations.

"I have been cast opposite a lot of really handsome, charming young men," she said. "It's nice work when you can get it. I've also worked with some of the world's most wonderful, esteemed older men throughout my career, who were wonderful people to learn from and be with.

"I think the exploration of people relating in different generations is something that is really current. And it's fun. It's wonderful to have. I can't just speak about it romantically, but it's wonderful to know people at all different stages of life."

Thurman can next be seen with Robert Pattinson in the upcoming drama Bel Ami, as well as in Ceremony with Michael Angarano.

She was recently confirmed for Quentin Tarantino's follow up to Inglourious Basterds, a Western film entitled A Southern.

No comments:

Post a Comment