Sunday 17 April 2011

'Black Swan' filmmakers "completely lying

A dance double from Black Swan has accused filmmakers of "completely lying" about the amount of dancing done by Natalie Portman in the movie.

Director Darren Aronofsky defended Portman after Sarah Lane's previous claims against the star, saying that Portman had performed "90%" of the ballet herself.

However, Lane has since told 20/20: "They're completely lying about the amount of dancing Natalie did in the movie.

"I've been doing this for 22 years, and to say that someone trained for a year-and-a-half and did what I did is degrading not only to me but to the entire ballet world," explained Lane. "They threaten the entire principle of ballet and I feel like I need to say something."

Lane said she anticipated that she would be missed out of Portman's Oscar acceptance speech, but added: "I did wish that she could have said something nice about ballet itself, instead of saying that it was so horrible and she's so glad she's done with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment