Tuesday 19 April 2011

Emma Roberts: 'I want singing movie role'

Emma Roberts has revealed that she would love to star in a movie which requires her to sing.

Speaking to JustJared.com, the Scream 4 actress confessed that while she loves music, she feels it is important to dedicate herself to one artistic pursuit rather than spread her energy around.

"I just think you can't ever be seen as both equally. You are always going to be one more or the other," she explained. "For me, I want to be an actor. I would love to do something like Country Strong or Walk the Line where they sang in a movie. I think that would be really interesting."

She went on to insist that she has no interest in pursuing music on its own as she "could not deal" with the pressures of being a musician.

"As far as an album, I just think it's too much. I can't be in front of people that often, I need time to myself and I barely have time to myself, let alone if I was on tour or being a singer. I could not deal [with it]," she said.

Roberts recently said that Kate Hudson and Gwyneth Paltrow inspired her to pursue a career in acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment