Saturday 23 April 2011

'Rambo', 'Glory' writer Kevin Jarre dies

Famed screenwriter Kevin Jarre has died at the age of 56. 

The scribe behind Tombstone and instalments of the Rambo andMummy franchises passed away unexpectedly after suffering heart failure on April 3, his family told The Los Angeles Times. 

The self-confessed "Civil War freak" also wrote the critically-acclaimed Glory, a drama about the historic conflict's first all-black volunteer company, which collected three Oscars in 1989 - including a 'Best Actor' award for Denzel Washington. 

Jarre said of Glory at the time: "I never thought I could interest anybody in it. A Civil War epic, about black people? But I'd got really attached to the story... I'd end up in tears when I got through writing."

Other titles in Jarre's filmography include 1997 Brad Pitt thriller The Devil's Own and Bruce Willis actioner The Jackal, on which he served as a producer.

No comments:

Post a Comment