Sunday 17 April 2011

Wes Craven: 'Scream 4 was stressful'



Wes Craven has described the filming of Scream 4 as a "stressful" experience.

The 71-year-old helmer admitted to Entertainment Weekly that filming the latest instalment of the horror franchise was less organised and more sporadic than previous productions.

"I wept myself to sleep every night," he smiled. "No, of course it was stressful. I always prided myself on coming to the set with a shot list, but quite often we'd literally get pages the night before, sometimes the day of. That part was very stressful. [The script] was evolving - it evolved a lot."

However, Craven insisted that he tried to stay calm and positive during shooting for the sake of the cast and crew.

He said: "Somebody has to be! It's just the way I deal with the stresses. People depend on the captain not be freaking out."

Craven also commented on speculation surrounding his future in the Scream franchise by clarifying his position on a potential fifth movie.

"I contractually have to be shown the script first," he said. "If I pass then somebody else will do it. Depends on the script - [Scream 4 is] gonna be a tough act to follow."

Scream 4 is currently playing in UK and US cinemas.

No comments:

Post a Comment