Friday 20 May 2011

Keira Knightley 'unsure of Last Night infidelity'

Keira Knightley has confessed that she feels unsure as to whether her Last Night character is guilty of emotional infidelity.

The Pirates of the Caribbean actress plays a young married woman named Joanna in the film, who spends an emotional night with an ex-lover while her husband (Sam Worthington) commits actual adultery with a co-worker while away on a business trip, a situation which Knightley admits can be confusing.

"What is worse? Joanna spends the night in the arms of a man who loves her, and who she loves. He f**ks somebody else. What is worse?" she said.

"We had constant arguments about who was guilty and what was the worst action. Somebody said a great line - 'He tests the marriage, and she breaks it'. I don't know if I agree with that or not, but I can certainly understand it at the same time."

She went on to reveal that she struggled to determine how she felt about the characters' actions and still feels uncertain about which party is to blame.

"I vacillate between the two sides. I've got no idea. I rather enjoy not having an idea. I went in absolutely thinking that hers was worse," she explained.

"Somewhere in the middle I thought, 'Well, bloody hell, she doesn't f**k him. What's the problem? They have a nice night, they have a bit of a kiss, she doesn't really do anything'. And then I went back to thinking hers was worse. I think it depends on where you are in your life, and that will always change. It's a moveable feast."

Knightley will soon be seen alongside Steve Carell in the apocalyptic romance Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, as well as the big-screen adaptation of Anna Karenina.

No comments:

Post a Comment