Tuesday 17 May 2011

Rachel McAdams: 'Wilson reteam has new dynamic'



Rachel McAdams has revealed that she and co-star Owen Wilson developed a new rapport while shooting Woody Allen's latest movie Midnight in Paris.

The actress first starred as Wilson's love interest in the 2005 comedy Wedding Crashers, but in Allen's latest comedy they portray a couple struggling to maintain their relationship.

In an interview with Elle magazine, McAdams admitted that she often found it troubling to film scenes where her and Wilson's characters confront their woes.

"It's definitely a different dynamic from the last time we were together," she said. "It wasn't as fun being mean. I love that Woody likes good guys to be good guys and bad guys to be bad guys."

She then quipped: "Owen seemed to respond really well when I was a really bad guy!"

McAdams also revealed that she is her own harshest critic when it comes to accepting challenging acting roles.

"Sometimes I don't think I'm the best person for the job. That was the case with Morning Glory," she said. "Sometimes I think, 'Really? You see me as this?' Just because I don't see myself that way, does that mean I shouldn't do it? I tend to go, 'Is this the right decision? What are the ramifications of doing this part?' You can start to overanalyse. But once I make the decision, it's full steam ahead."

McAdams and boyfriend Michael Sheen made their first public appearance together at the opening of Midnight in Paris at the Cannes Film Festival last week.

Midnight in Paris is released on May 20 in the US. A UK opening has not yet been announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment