Thursday 19 May 2011

Rashida Jones 'appreciated Deschanel kiss'

Rashida Jones has confessed that she feels "appreciative" of the opportunity to kiss Zooey Deschanel during a scene in the upcoming comedy Our Idiot Brother.

In an interview with The Advocate, the Parks and Recreation actress revealed that the experience of playing Deschanel's on-screen girlfriend was an eye-opening one and joked that it made her reconsider her own sexuality.

"'I was like, 'Oh, my God, girls are so pretty and soft. No stubble burn! What am I doing with guys?'" she said. "I haven't dipped back since, but I was very appreciative of the experience."

She went on to insist that while there is still much progress to be done in the area of gay and lesbian rights, she believes it is becoming more accepted for people to come out of the closet.

"I'm never shocked [when someone comes out]," she explained. "If there weren't still such a stigma, half of the acting and music community would come out. Luckily, there's less of a stigma every day."

Our Idiot Brother also stars Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks and Adam Scott.

Watch the trailer for Our Idiot Brother below:


No comments:

Post a Comment