Friday 8 July 2011

Rebecca Gibney lands dream role in Mental



Rebecca Gibney has revealed her excitement at landing a "dream" movie role.

The Australian actress, who is best known for playing Julie in family television drama Packed to the Rafters, has been cast alongside Toni Collette in PJ Hogan's new gritty film Mental.

Gibney told The Daily Telegraph: "I'm 46 and it's my first big film. It's dreamy... it's a dream come true. I've had a few small roles but just little bits and pieces and this is a larger role and to work alongside Toni Collette... it's great. I'm really excited."

She also revealed that it has been "fun" having to put on 12kg to play an exhausted mother-of-five in the movie, saying: "It was great. It's like being pregnant. You can eat whatever you want. In the beginning it was like, `Wow, ice cream, peanut butter, everything', you know."

However, Gibney added that she is "not going to worry about" losing the weight straight away afterwards, as "Julie Rafter is an "older mum" and she doesn't "think there will be anything wrong with carrying a bit of extra weight".

The star has previously admitted that she sometimes suffers from body image issues, saying: "When I despair about my stomach, my husband reminds me that it carried our incredibly beautiful son. I still look in the mirror and wonder where that extra roll, the cellulite and wrinkles came from."

Filming on Mental is scheduled to start in two weeks' time and will hopefully wrap three weeks before Gibney resumes filming Packed to the Rafters in October.

Gibney was nominated for two Logie Awards earlier this year. Although she missed out on the prestigious Gold Logie award, she was named 'Most Popular Actress' for her Packed to the Rafters role.

No comments:

Post a Comment