Monday 21 March 2011

Emily Browning didn't audition for 'Twilight'



Emily Browning has said that she turned down the chance to audition for the lead role of Bella Swan in Twilight.

In an interview with The Playlist, the Sucker Punch star revealed that Twilight author Stephenie Meyer wanted her to play Bella, the role that eventually went to Kristen Stewart.

Browning said that she chose not to audition for the part because she was considering quitting acting at the time.

"The author at one point stated that I would be her ideal Bella, but I chose not to audition because I was at a point in my career where I wasn't sure I wanted to work," the 22-year-old said.

She continued: "I definitely didn't want to sign onto a trilogy so I didn't audition, but there were a lot of things people said - 'You turned it down,' no that's not the case; 'You were offered it and you turned it down,' no, no, no, that's not what happened at all. And there were battles but it was really just as simple as I don't want to work right now so…"

Browning also confirmed that she auditioned for the big-screen adaptation of The Hunger Games.

Stewart and Browning both previously screen-tested for the role of Snow White

No comments:

Post a Comment