Sunday 20 March 2011

Natalie Portman 'needed rehab after Swan'



Natalie Portman has said that she should have entered rehab in order to recover from the gruelling Black Swan shoot.

The 29-year-old, who last month won an Oscar for her role as a tormented ballerina in Darren Aronofsky's thriller, shared her regret at not taking to time to recover before joining superhero project Thor.

She admitted to Total Film: "I loved Darren Aronofsky, and working with him was a deeply fulfilling experience, but I just showed up for Thor spent. I probably should have gone into rehab."

However, Portman stated that the opportunity to work with Thor director Kenneth Branagh was worth enduring such a stressful period.

She added: "I must have watched [Branagh's] Much Ado About Nothing about 500 times, I love that film so much.

"He was one of the first people I've met that I was excited about when I met them. When I worked with him, it exceeded my expectations."

Portman previously confessed that she became genuinely concerned about dying during training for Black Swan.

No comments:

Post a Comment