Monday 21 March 2011

Matthew McConaughey 'lost money for Lawyer'



Matthew McConaughey has confessed that he earned less money than usual for his role in The Lincoln Lawyer.

The 41-year-old revealed that he would have received a bigger paycheck for starring in a romantic comedy, but felt the need to step out of the genre and tackle a project by which he was genuinely "excited".

He told Contactmusic: "The role came around to me. But I will say I made less money than a romantic comedy. So that is a measure of saying that not many movies like this can get made.

"This was something I was really excited about doing and something I didn't feel like I had done before. I was reading some other scripts and some of them were rom-coms and I just didn't feel like doing that right now. I may do them again. I just didn't feel like doing them right now.

He added: "I loved the consequences that were in this movie. I love the traps the guy was in. I wanted to be the guy getting out of those traps."

The Lincoln Lawyer, which also stars Ryan Phillippe and Marisa Tomei, is currently playing in UK and US cinemas.

No comments:

Post a Comment