Monday 21 March 2011

Gemma Arterton 'happy with Dynasty link'



Gemma Arterton has said that she is "happy" to be Joan Collins's choice to portray Alexis Carrington Colby in the Dynasty remake.

Collins suggested that the Tamara Drewe actress has the "sexy and vixenous" qualities to take on the role she originated in the 1980s TV show.

Asked if she thought Collins's recommendation was a compliment, Arterton told Orange: "Absolutely! I mean, she said I look clever as well, which I thought was very nice of her to say. But mainly I was just very happy that Joan Collins knew I existed! She's such a diva and such an icon."

The 25-year-old added: "It's funny because my mum loved Dynasty, so when she found out that Joan Collins had said that she was more excited than she's ever been about any job prospect, even though I've never been approached. It's just her saying it. So, it's quite funny really... quite fabulous in a camp way."

Arterton revealed that she is about to start work on "a very, very dark" version of Hansel And Gretel opposite The Town's Jeremy Renner.

"It's when they're 15 years older," she commented. "I'm really excited about it because it's quite a big role for me and quite a departure from anything I've done before, so watch this space!"

No comments:

Post a Comment