Thursday 9 June 2011

Gary Oldman: '3D isn't important for me'

Gary Oldman has said that he is not a fan of 3D and that his children are also not keen on the technology.

The actor voices evil peacock Lord Shen in DreamWorks 3D animation Kung Fu Panda 2.

Oldman told Metro: "3D isn't important for me in any way, shape or form. My kids say to me, 'It's not in 3D, is it? Can we see the normal one?'.

"Maybe 3D was invented for films like Jackass so you can really see the vomit. But if I said, 'I'm not going to do a movie because I'm against 3D', I would be out of work."

Asked if he had seen the first Kung Fu Panda, Oldman said: "I did and I loved it. Po's so talented. I liked the imagery and the story, and the characters made me laugh. There are a lot of movies now that are supposed to be for kids, and I find them a little cynical and a bit crude.

"I saw a commercial on TV for a horror movie and it frightened the life out of my kids. It was on at six in the evening, and they are not young. My eldest said, 'That looks really creepy', and I thought, 'That scared me!'. These are real family films."

Watch a trailer for Kung Fu Panda 2 below:


1 comment: