Monday 6 June 2011

X-Men' producer: 'There's too much 3D'

X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner has opened up about why X-Men: First Class was not released in 3D.

At the recent Producers Guild of America's annual Produced By conference, Donner spoke about the newly-released prequel, stating that filmmakers chose not to shoot the movie in 3D due to overexposure of the technology, according to The Wrap.

"We chose not to do 3D," said Donner. "I believe the movie itself tells you whether it should be 3D. And I believe there's a little too much 3D right now. I think, especially in this economy, parents don't always want to spend that extra money."

Donner's co-producer Ralph Winter went on to declare that making a film in 3D does not always make sense.

"I understand the business decision, because you can get five bucks more per ticket. But it doesn't always make sense creatively… I saw a movie a couple of weeks ago… and I probably shouldn't say its name, but the initials were 'Priest'."

X-Men: First Class star James McAvoy recently announced that he hopes to make two more X-Men films to round out a new trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment